Bed MOT: Five signs your mattress needs replacing
When was the last time you bought a new mattress? For many of us, it’s been longer than we can remember. A mattress won’t last forever though, and will need replacing regularly for a good night’s sleep. Here are some of the tell-tale signs that it’s been too long:
1. You sleep better in another bed. If you find that you get a better night’s sleep at your friend’s house, your mattress probably isn’t up to scratch.
2. You wake up stiff and achy. If you wake up each morning with creaking joints and aching muscles, it could be down to your mattress.
3. It feels lumpy. A good mattress should be smooth and even. If it’s lumpy, it needs replacing.
4. It sags. If you find yourself rolling towards your partner during the night, your mattress has had its day.
5. It’s seven or more years old. A mattress has a lifespan of around seven years – after this it’s time to think about letting it go.
When the time comes to replace your old mattress, it’s important to invest in a quality mattress which will provide the very best support for a good night’s sleep. Remember, you’re going to be spending around 20,000 hours on your mattress so it’s vital to get it right!*
Vogue Beds is a specialist in the design and manufacture of quality beds. For background information on Vogue Beds, please visit www.voguebeds.co.uk.
For further information or images, please call Philippa on 020 8543 3866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sleep and sports related suggestions, follow Vogue Beds on Facebook and Twitter (@voguebeds).