The following information below is very important and will help you in ensuring you receive the best advice in taking care of your new purchase and giving you a care free night's sleep.
- Do not bend or fold the mattress as this can damage the spring unit and may invalidate the warranty.
- It is important to turn or rotate the mattress weekly for the first 3-months, then every 4 weeks thereafter. Use the handles if fitted to position the mattress on the base. Don’t carry the mattress with the handles. When turning/rotating the mattress please don’t let it fall against the surface of the divan, as this may damage the spring system. Assistance may be required. Filling settlement should not be regarded as a manufacturing defect. Regular turning/rotating of your mattress will help the fillings to settle down evenly and will help prolong the life span of the mattress.
- Do not overload the drawer compartments in storage models (only designed to hold towels and linens), as excessive weight can cause distortion and damage to the drawers. Over filling may cause the drawer to jam.
- We recommend that you use a mattress cover or under blanket, which will help prevent the dyes used in some bed linen transferring onto the mattress covers as a reaction to body moisture. Regular airing of the mattress every 3 months will reduce moisture build up.
- Avoid soiling or staining of the product, as these are deemed a health & safety Hazards and will invalidate your warranty.
- Do not use chemicals or detergent cleaners as these may adversely affect the fabric covering, stitching and may also affect some of the filling materials used. In case of soiling, the mattress may be lightly sponged with a weak solution of soap and water. Excessive wetting will damage the product.
- We recommend that all vacuum packed mattresses are opened with in six months of purchase from Vogue Beds, as this will allow the mattress to expand to its full size.
- If you have to store the mattress for any period of time please make sure it is stored flat and not on its side, as this will distort the spring unit and cause the fillings to settle unevenly and drastically shorten the life of your mattress.
- If you purchase a mattress only, do not use on a base that is not suitable for the mattress, as the life of mattress can be severely shortened.
- Do not use electric blankets in conjunction with any mattresses containing foam as this may affect the chemical composition of the foam.
- Do not store adjustable & encapsulated mattresses on their sides, this is to prevent the mattress spring from distorting which will affect the overall shape of the mattress. These mattresses must be stored flat.
- Any defacement or removal of product labelling will invalidate the warranty.
- Do not jump or stand on any part of your bed this can cause permanent damage to your divan, do not allow children to bounce on the bed like a trampoline.
- Avoid placing heavy or bulky objects on the mattress. As this can cause permanent damage to your divan.
- Use a mattress protector to help prolong the life of your bed. It will minimise wear and tear, guard against marks and stains, and help to maintain the appearance of the new mattress.
Your warranty will be invalid if any of the conditions above have been contravened.
Guarantee For 12 Months
The Vogue Beds guarantee covers mattresses and bed bases against faulty workmanship and materials, for a period of ONE year from the date of purchase.
The guarantee period will commence the date Vogue Beds delivers the goods. Any customer service issues will need to be reported in writing (via your bed supplier) to Vogue Beds Customer Service department.
In the unlikely event of a defect in material of workmanship occurring within ONE year of purchase, Vogue Beds will arrange at our discretion to replace/repair the item free of charge.
If you have purchased a mattress with a 5 or 3 year warranty and a manufacturing defect occurs within the warranty period, then Vogue Beds will repair/replace at our discretion the item with a usage charge. This charge will reflect the period of use, at the current retail price and the number of years left on the warranty as shown below.
The 5 year warranty will be on the following scale:-
Customer Contribution Vogue Contribution
First year 0% 100%
Second year 20% 80%
Third year 40% 60%
Fourth year 60% 40%
Fifth year 80% 20%
The 3 year warranty will be on the following scale:-
Customer Contribution Vogue Contribution
First year 0% 100%
Second year 40% 60%
Third year 80% 20%
On all warranty claims a contribution towards transportation costs may be charged.
Any claims under this warranty must be made through the retailer from who the bed was purchased. (Proof of purchase may be required.)
When repairing/replacing items under this warranty, Vogue Beds reserve the right to substitute alternative materials, or models, should the original no longer be available and will not undertake to match items not under complaint, with any substitute fabric used.
Vogue Beds reserve the right to refuse service when any defect is due to causes other than faulty materials or workmanship, or if the item is soiled and in an unsanitary condition.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
- To avoid the risk of injury it is recommended that a minimum of 2 people install the bed.
- Remove all polythene protective packaging and dispose of it carefully out of reach of children to avoid any possible injury. Please ensure removal of loose staples carefully using pliers and dispose of safely.
- Attach castors by pushing them into position by hand then tap them gently using a mallet. Do not use a metal hammer as this may damage the castor.
- If linking bars are provided, stand both halves of the divan on one edge, square ends together, then join the two divan halves with two clips, then lower divan on to the floor supporting both halves.
- It is important to decide which divan half is to be used for headboard. Locate the fixing holes, which should be marked with stickers. Pierce the cloth with a suitable object, then using the headboard bolts provided to fasten your headboard struts to the base.
- Allow the mattress to air 3-4 hours before fitting your bedding. This will allow any moisture, which may have been trapped by the transit packaging to evaporate. You will also notice an aroma of “newness” from your bed. This is normal and will soon fade if aired regularly.
- Your new bed may feel a little strange at first, so allow some time for your body to adjust to your new bed and for the filling to settle.
Additional Instructions For Ottoman Divan Bed
- Take care removing the straps securing the Divan Base lid as it is under pressure and could cause injury if not handled correctly.
- With one hand placed on top of half divan base, remove the securing strap which is attached to the underside of the bed, then gently raise the lid keeping at least one hand on top as the lid is fastened under gas cylinder pressure.
- Repeat the same procedure for the other half, then using the bolts provided to fix them together.
- Carefully lower the lids together and place the mattress on a flat surface ready to be used for storage.
- Whenever possible do not lift the divan lids without a mattress as they may open very quickly under pressure and could cause injury.